Stakeholder Meetings with Search Firm
On August 28 and 29, the firm selected to lead Oglethorpe’s presidential search will be holding meetings on campus. Their goal is to better understand our university and the challenges the next president will face. Along with one-on-one meetings with cabinet, there will be sessions for faculty, staff and students. The meetings are intended to help them frame the position in the marketplace and increase the chances they will search in the right places, and for the right qualities. Below are the meeting sessions:
Wednesday, August 28, 2019 | 1:00-2:30
Thursday, August 29, 2019 | 1:00-2:30
Thursday, August 29, 2019 | 6:30-7:30
*SGA will be hosting, as part of their regular meeting.
As members of the Search Committee, we want to encourage everyone to participate, and be part of the process. The search firm has provided five questions as a thought starters – and tools for part of the discussion.
- If the right person is hired, what will be the fundamental differences at Oglethorpe University one year from now, three years from now, and five years from now? What are the measures of success?
- Are there more subjective or informal measures for determining the success of this individual?
- What programmatic activities need to be preserved? Which ones enhanced? Which ones initiated?
- Based on the objectives identified, what do you think are the qualifications and experiences of an ideal candidate? What is essential and what might be helpful? What are the personal attributes most important for this role?
- Where is this person right now? What are they doing?
- What, in your view, are the primary challenges facing Oglethorpe that a new President will need to address?
We look forward to hearing from everyone.
Colleen, Lynn, Katharine and Mario
Staff and Faculty Representatives
Presidential Search Committee